Saturday, August 25, 2012

Chapter 20: Logos

BACK AT THE BAXTER BUILDING...


INVISIBLE WOMAN: What's your idea, Watcher?  Tell us please, what can we do to save the Earth?


THE WATCHER: The Earth?  My dear Mrs. Richards, it is not only the Earth, but the very Universe itself, that is threatened by this latest peril.  You four as well as any know that my cosmic mandate is but to observe.  But the Monad threatens that objective; thus, I must intervene.



MR. FANTASTIC: No need to make excuses, Uatu.  You pretty much show up whenever you want anyway.  



THE WATCHER:  Look, Reed, I don't need to be here you know.  If you want to try and figure this crap out on your own, I'm perfectly happy to go back to--


HUMAN TORCH: --Now, now, Uatu, you know how Reed is.  Lacking in the social graces.  It's cool; just tell us how we can save the world.


THE THING: Matchstick's right fer once.  Plus, you know, you kinda do show up a lot.



THE WATCHER: Yeah, yeah.  I guess you're right.  Well, anyways, like I was saying, the Monad's not only the end, but the beginning.  There's only one guy who knows what it's like on both ends of this deal.  You know of whom I speak, Richards.  He was there at the the beginning of this Universe, and he may well be here at the end.  But if there is any way to save this Universe, he will know.  You must seek the counsel of...


THE WATCHER: ...GALACTUS!!!



MR. FANTASTIC: Whoa, whoa.  Are you kidding?  I mean, in a way, it makes perfect sense.  But Uatu, it's too dangerous.  By summoning Galactus to Earth, it would threaten--



THE WATCHER: --Oh, you will not need to summon him here, Reed Richards...


THE WATCHER: ...for Galactus is already on his way...


TO BE CONTINUED IN CHAPTER 21: MUTATION!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment