Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Chapter 11: Convergence

DEEP IN THE LOWEST LEVELS OF A.I.M. CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS...


A.I.M. SOLDER #1: You've got to be kidding me!


A.I.M. SOLDIER #1: I know dude! Is it just me, or is M.O.D.O.K.'s head actually getting bigger?

A.I.M. SOLDER #2: Dude! I thought the same thing.  The only thing scarier than that guy's noggin is the fact that he's teamed up with both Mister Sinister and Doctor Doom!



A.I.M. SOLDIER #1: Oh, totally.  And all that talk about the Monad?  I guess for the first time ever, Hulk wasn't full of crap!


HAWKEYE: We better get back to Avengers Mansion and update Cap.


IRON MAN: Yeah.  As much as I'd like to jack into A.I.M.'s hardline and upload a virus, we'd better hurry back to let everyone know what's up.

LATER, BACK AT AVENGERS MANSION...


HAWKEYE: Seriously Hank?  You're gonna bust our balls about all this crap now?


ANT MAN: I'm not busting your balls, Clint.  I just don't think it's fair that for once you're fighting something little like a baby, and I'm little, but you haven't--

IRON MAN: --Hank, just because the Monad is in the form of a baby doesn't mean it's a small problem.


ANT MAN: Nevermind.  I'm going back to the lab to work on reversing the utility of the Pym Particles.


HAWKEYE: He is such a whiny little douche.  No wonder they left him out of the movie.

IRON MAN: Boy you said it.  Let's go find Steve and tell him about M.O.D.O.K. and the Monad.


CAPT. AMERICA: I'm conveniently standing right here, fellas.  You mean to tell me M.O.D.O.K. knows about the Monad?


IRON MAN: He doesn't just know about it Steve; he helped to make it.

CAPT. AMERICA: Helped who?


HAWKEYE: Mister Sinister!  But then Mister Sinister hosed M.O.D.O.K., so yadda yadda yadda, and now M.O.D.O.K. has teamed up with Dr. Doom!


CAPT. AMERICA: Dr. Doom? Crap!  This scenario just gets worse and worse!


IRON MAN: And Dr. Doom has sent Mole Man to the Hulks' Apartment!


CAPT. AMERICA: Wait...wait.  Mole Man is headed over to the Hulks' Apartment?!  With Grey Hulk and Red Hulk still there?  Finally...some good news.

MEANWHILE, IN THE ANDROMEDA GALAXY...


STARLORD: Skrull warship, dead ahead.  Strap 'em on.  We got us a little detour before we get to Earth.


DRAX THE DESTROYER: Honestly, I'd rather get into a scrap with some shape shifters than that Monad thing Adam keeps talking about.  With Skrulls we got a chance.


ADAM WARLOCK: We're a long way from giving up hope yet, Drax.



STARLORD: Either way, we owe these Skrulls a fight.  Let's hope Earth's heroes have the Monad thing under control, and let's hunt us some shapeshifting scum.  You ready, Rocky? 



ROCKET RACCOON: Ready as ever, Pete.  Light 'er up!


STARLORD: Initiate teleporter...we'll sneak up on these Skrulls before they get a chance to blast us out of space!  Everyone...reset your passports, and get ready to board that Skrull warship in 3...2...1....


TO BE CONTINUED IN CHAPTER 12: TITANIC TROUBLE!!!



1 comment: